A manufacturer, a retailer, a craftsman– Hazoorilalji was a man of all seasons. Mr. Narang single-handedly built his empire brick by brick; and remains the rock in his very kingdom. His versatility, diversity and dedication were a few of his qualities that propelled him on the path to success. With a knack for constant innovation, he ceaselessly renewed and reinvented, lending vintage appeal to contemporary designs.
His motivating presence, utmost simplicity and humility continue to inspire many. His journey in the jewellery trade started at a tender age of 15 when the family shifted base from Lahore during India’s partition. He opened his first store, “Hazoorilal and Sons” in 1952, in the quaint Dariba colony of the Chandni Chowk area in Old Delhi and was soon recognized as an established jeweller in the Delhi circuit. A true visionary, he shifted the business to Defence Colony in 1972 and after 14 years he moved further into South Delhi – Greater Kailash 1, in the year 1986. Today, we continue to nurture his vision at Hazoorilal Legacy.
Apart from work, he relished classical music and even sang ghazals, many of which were recorded at his studio.